Τετάρτη 6 Απριλίου 2011

Bauhaus night










Last night I crossed the street and took some photos of one my favorite buildings in Athens.
The National Concervatory building,that currently hosts National Contemporary Art Museaum.
Desighed by Ioannis Despotopoulos (1903-1992).Born in Asia Minor,grown up in the island of Chios and left to study architecture in Germany.
He enrolled in the Bauhaus School while studing in Weimar.Returned to Greece and left again to work in Sweeden.His story is very interesting cause like all great spirits was never appreciated in his own country.Started this project in 1967 finished 1975.
I love pioneers and hard working people of all times.
This is a today's building we all should know better.
I feel lucky working so close to such interesting architecture,I m thinking of doing a photo shooting for one of my coming collections there.
Enjoy ....simplicity

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου